- Perl, Python, Ruby, and maybe some C/C++
- Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS), Windows, OSX
- Apache, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Emacs, Eclipse (EPIC, PyDev), Vim
- Project tracking with Rally and Trac
- Subversion, Git, some Perforce
Software Engineer, Aruba Networks / AirWave Wireless
September 2008 - November 2011
- Worked on the AirWave Management Platform, a web application for managing large deployments of Wireless Access Points.
- Designed and optimized reports that aggregated large amounts (5 minute intervals over a 1 month duration) of wireless client data to calculate statistics such as bandwidth usage.
- Implemented complex designs to allow configuration of the myriad bells and whistles in modern Wireless Access Points while maintaining consistency using both client-side (JS) and server-side (Perl) validation.
- Extreme Programming environment with pair programming, agile project planning, and automated testing.
Software Engineer, Blinkx
April 2007 - May 2008
- Wrote spider scripts to ingest videos and associated metadata from XML feeds and unstructured HTML sources
- Developed and maintained perl scripts responsible for checking 1 million links a day and transcoding 150,000 videos a day.
- Wrote tools to easily interact with open-source command line programs such as ffmpeg and mencoder
- Created a screensaver product to display dynamic video content using, C++, Win32 and NSIS
Software Engineer, Jolly Technologies
October 2006 - February 2007
- Designed and implemented UI elements for LobbyTrack, an access control application
- Responded to end-user support requests over email and telephone.
- Visual Basic 6, Visual Studio 6, MS Access, SQL
- Typer Tortoise - a programmer-oriented typing diversion written with Ember.js and Ruby on Rails
University of California, Davis
2002 - 2006
B.S. Computer Science and Engineering
- Developed a simple scene graph based 3D game engine in OpenGL/C++ showcasing features such as frustum culling and dynamic terrain generation.
- Created a Treemap application for visually representing hard drive space utilization using Qt on Linux.
- Worked in a group of four students to create a website for a fictional Pizza delivery company using Java servlets, Apache and MySQL